Francine has practised in the IP field for more than 25 years. She is an alumnus of the Law Faculty, National University of Singapore and was admitted to the Supreme Court of Singapore in 1991.
Francine has handled the trademark portfolios of many clients over the years and been consistently recognised by AsiaLaw and Who’s Who Legal as one of the leading IP attorneys in Singapore. Francine’s IP boutique practice was established in 2010 and in 2017, the firm achieved the rare honour of receiving the ASIA IP award for Trademark Law Firm of 2017 (Singapore). In January 2020, at an awards ceremony organised by World Trademark Review/IAM in London, UK, the firm received the honour of “Trademark Firm of the Year” (Singapore). Francine has also been identified by Managing IP as an IP Star and one of the Top 250 Women in IP.
Francine has conducted training workshops at the IP Academy and for clients, and been a speaker at the MARQUES Conference, INTA Annual Meeting, and other industry seminars including NamesCon.
Outside of work, Francine enjoys cooking, learning languages, playing the piano, Pilates, and spending time with her dogs. She has also recently taken up golf and sailing.
- INTA Board Member (2021-2023)
- Domain name dispute panellist for the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) and the Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre (ADNDRC).
- Arbitrator, Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration (SCIA)
- Brand Restrictions Committee of the International Trade Mark Association (INTA)
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- INTA (International Trademark Association)
- PTMG (Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group)
- ECTA (European Community Trademarks Association)
- APAA (Asian Patent Attorneys Association)